April 4, 2011

My 1st WinterJam

And hopefully not my last!

I had such an amazing night with 4 of my Sisters in Christ. Earlier on Saturday March 26th, I had a 6-hour meeting with my Guatemala team. Around 4pm, I was invited to join my girls for a roadtrip to Champaign, IN for Winter Jam 2011! We didn't get on the road until 5:30 and danced our way into the city at 7:30. We were half an hour late but we found awesome seats to the left of the stage. I feel so blessed to have a chance to worship with some awesome people of God.

We got to worship with Francesca Battistelli!



And Kutless!



As well as Sidewalk Prophets and Newsboys! [Favorite S.P. song is definitely "Love You Anyway"!] It was such an amazing night. We missed some great artists, like RED and Newsong, but it's ok! My sister decided to support a sweet little baby boy named Tuan through Hope International. [I'll post his pic soon]

Our amazing night ended at this shady-looking IHOP (and their incredibly large receipts).



We got back to Purdue at 3am! God bless Arika for driving us and Jazmyn for staying awake with her. :) If you ever get a chance to go to WinterJam (they're touring all over right now) GO! GO GO GO! It's only $10 and it's truly a blessing.

Until we meet again!
Jess ♥

No comments: