June 18, 2011

Resharpening My Craft

Is this what it feels like to fall in love again? After a very, very long time?

I'm designing again! Starting to. Don't worry, this love story's about my love for graphic design, not a soap opera. [although I have felt like I've been living one] After semesters of frumpy electives, I have designed virtually nothing and feel like I've lost my touch.

I have been so worried about what my portfolio should look like that I hadn't even been working on it. But now I'm back!!! Let me tell you about what I've been doing!

I'm retracing my steps through CSS and want to learn Flash, like REALLY learn it and master it. My main goals are to learn PHP and play around with HTML5. Secondly I want to learn any of the other languages (ASP.Net, C, most of all Java) in the near future.

I hope that God will use this passion He's given me and take me to grad school or straight into the design world doing something I can enjoy. But setting my pride aside, I need to expand my portfolio. So, since you're reading this: I'm looking for an internship and freelance work until further notice! :D I have all the time in the world, so let's get do it!!!

Here's my world-class portfolio. It's my first website since I've been back and I'm ready for the criticism! Bring it on, I have to walk into an interview with confidence and it starts with loving the portfolio I have. I do enjoy my current one but by time Fall rolls around I'll have a new one. Here's what I have so far.



Easy button navigation. Even simpler gallery navigation. Simple gray design. Static leafy background. Simplistic typography.

I plan to add tons more text (I find myself having less to talk about on my portfolio. always. don't know why.)

I plan to keep the color scheme but make it less girly. More professional. But I don't want it to blend in with other portfolios either, while still knowing it's a professional resume. See where I'm going? It's complicated. I'll get back to you on the next design!

Until we meet again!
Jess ♥

No comments: