August 3, 2011

Thoughts like Wildfire [Inspiration #2]

I love the idea of letting thoughts wander and grow.  You find so much about yourself if you wrote down a strain of thoughts, letting them weave in and out of possibility and taking form in reality.  I once heard someone say "think of the impossible and then try to do it."  The point is to try.  Where would society be today if no one ever tried to impossible?  And who's to say what's impossible? No man can make your boundaries, only you can, right?

Today's thought of inspiration comes from a friend of mine, Emily.  She told me about this artist named Ryan Woodward.  He's worked for major motion studios, storyboarding for some great features.  In 2010, he created an amazing animated short film that took me by surprise.  Titled Thought of You, it's a simple animated drawing of two dancers.  Not to say it's impossible to draw & animate life-like dancers, but I'm all-the-more inspired.




Spring 2011, I had the opportunity to paint a beautiful sunset, silhouetting the Baobab Trees of Madagascar.  One thing I can say to artists about artists, when you let your thoughts or your imagination wander, you never know where it might end up.  Or how the finished product will come out.  But I bet it will be better than you thought when you first began.

At the same time, you have to have vision.  Know where you want to go, even if you can't picture the end 100%.  Woodward said that he knew what he wanted out of this project, but he's not a dancer.  He can't mimick their moves for himself.


Here I am, August of 2011, wondering where my artistic skill will lead me.  I want to expand my mind in the art world, not just digitally.  Traditionally as well.  I want to paint and draw.   God gave us these complex minds with imaginations, fears, personalities and wonders.  It's up to us what we do with what He has given us.  As for me?  I want to paint the world with His name, one piece of paper at a time.

Watch this awesome video and tell me what you think!

Until we meet again!
Jess ♥

No comments: